Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Saturday 10 August 2013

You're my Best Friend

Hi Folks
Yippee, it's the weekend and a nice three day one for me.  We are at a wedding tomorrow so got Monday off to recover and travel home.  It will be really nice spending a night away in a hotel.  Just hope the bed is comfy although if the alcohol is flowing I probably won't need much rocking to sleep lol.  Hoping to get some crafting done today.  It is my youngest daughter's 22nd birthday on Monday and not even made her cards yet!!!

Todays card share is one that my daughter asked me to make for her best friend's birthday today.


I used papers and images from the Lillibet range from Trimcraft.  I just love these little toppers, so cute.  I used kraft card for the base layers.  The Happy Birthday is a stamp set that I have had for about three years.  I stamped the large letters onto contrasting paper and cut them out.  The rest of the words were just stamped straight onto the base card.  The butterflies are all made out of parchment by my very talented Mummy.  For embellishments I used ribbon, lace, metal corners, gems and pearls and a couple of little quilled flowers.

My daughter did say to me 'Why has it got images of babies on it?'  I then had to point out that although her friend is 22 the images are not bAbies but represent them as best friends - playing together and doing each others hair.  Not sure she was convinced but seemed happy enough with the card lol.

Thanks for popping by and hope you pop back soon.  Thank you for all the lovely comments you leave me.  I really appreciate them and read every single one.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
One Crazy Stamper - Birthdays
Cards Galore - Bingo (birthday, gems, sentiment)
Sentimental Sundays - Childs play
Great Impressions - A square card
Ribbon Girl - Birthday girl
Artistic Inspirations - Bingo (lace, flowers, layers)
LEJ Designs - Lovely lace
Papertake - Anything goes
Crafting by Designs - Celebrate women
Flutter by Wednesday - Any winged creature
Crafty Creations - Texture
Crafty Ribbons - Anything goes with ribbon
Sassy Studio - Use kraft
Brown Sugar - Anything goes
Card Crafters Circle - Ribbon and lace
Fussy and Fancy - Bingo (pearls, free, lace)

27 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What cute toppers Mags and love the card, like how you did the H and B! Have a fab time at the wedding - don't drink too much wink wink! Susan xx

rachel said...

fab card mags - really lovely idea - hugs rachel x

Sue said...

So gorgeous Mags. I love the cute images and such pretty detailing too.
I hope you are having a good Saturday
Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card, such cute images. Enjoy the wedding. With my DT hat on thanks for playing at crafty ribbons

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Back again to say thanks for sharing at PTW

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

You did great with our "texture" theme this week! Lots of different elements! Thanks for linking up with us at Crafty Creations!
Tracey F., DT Crafty Creations Challenges

MagsB said...

Hi, Mags! What a lovely card for your daughter's friend - I bet making it brought back many happy memories! The images are just darling!

Have a good weekend, and enjoy your day off on Monday!

love Mags B x

Danni said...

This is just so precious and sweet! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!!

Linda Palmer said...

I love this layout Mags. Beautiful images, beautiful papers and beautiful card.

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card Mags and enjoy your weekend x

Jenée said...

Such a sweet card with the Precious Moments images and the lovely butterflies. Thank you for sharing it with us in this week's challenge at Flutter By Wednesday.

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Mags, this is a beautiful card, I love the gorgeous papers and the images are so cute. I hope you have a wonderful time at the Wedding.

Hugs
Linda xxx

carol said...

wonderful creation, thanks for sharing with CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

MommyScraps said...

Mags these are ADORABLE!! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Krafty challenge over at Sassy Studio Designs! :)
-Adina

Mynn xx said...

This is just too sweet! LOVE the adorable images--they remind me of Precious Moments! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :)

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there Mags
love the card design ..The corner embellishing is tops .Nifty idea with the H and the B too .Love the sweet images .All in all a lovely card . Thanks for sharing on Card Crafters Circle .
Cheers Shirley-Anne

Donna Mosley said...

This is adorable Mags, love the design and those toppers are so cute.

Donna x

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous love the layout and the little images
Hugs Kate xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is beautiful, i'm sure your daughter's friend will love it, I can see there's lots of work gone into this card..... so many techniques..... your Mummy's butterflies are so pretty.....
Enjoy the wedding Sweetie xxx
thank you for playing along in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck xxx

Sue said...

Hello again Mags. Just popping back to say thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this week
Sue xx

Shelby said...

Hope you've had a wonderful time at the wedding!
This card is so sweet and I'm sure your daughter's friend will just love it

Shelby

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining us at Cards Galore and good luck x

Qie said...

Cute card. Great to have you playing along with our challenge at Brown Sugar. Good luck.

Kathy said...

So soft and pretty Mags, love the pastel color palette. Hope the wedding was fun. Thanks for joining us at SSD this week.

Nikki Craft said...

Beautiful card:) Thanks for joining us at The Fussy and Fancy Challenge,
hugs Nikki x

Nikki Craft said...

Beautiful card:)Thanks for joining us at The Fussy and Fancy Challenge,
hugs Nikki x

Sparkly Engineer said...

Very sweet card and I really like the way you used your two images along with the butterflies.

Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT