Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Friday 21 October 2011

Molly Blooms Penguin

Thank goodness the working week is over and the weekend is here.  A couple of days to unwind a little.
Picked this stamp up a couple of days ago.  It is a gorgeous one from Molly Blooms.  I just love penguins and he was so cute.  Here's what I created with him.
I used the layout from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge.  I coloured the image using my trusty promarkers.  Decided to go for a monochromatic theme using varying shades of green.  Coredinations cardstock and some papers from my stash were used for the matting and layering.  The mock snowflakes at the bottom are wooden shapes that I have glittered. Added little strips of glitter paper to the underneath of the centre one.  A glitter flourish and bow completed the card.

Think the colours work for a christmas card but would be interested in what you think.  Please feel free to leave me comments.
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - use sketch provided
I love Promarkers - Ain't it cute
Creative Inspirations - Monochromatic

Thanks for looking and happy crafting.
Mags
x

14 comments:

Bellsandra'scrafts said...

Beautiful card. I love Molly Blooms and this is a lovely Christmas card. The colours certainly work and are stunning.

Sandra x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card,such a cute penguin and love the green.
Wendy xx

mulberry station said...

Ohhh, I love your momocromatic color scheme and those gorgeous papers. Green is perfect for Christmas. Your little penguin is as sweet as can be. Beautiful take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Unknown said...

Wow this is gorgeous, and I went through your blog and you have some beautiful creations here. I am now your new follower too and thank you for visiting me!!!!!!

Lorraine said...

Really cute snowman. Like your colours too. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genevieve said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The greens are so pretty. Thanks do much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Genevieve DT

NGCARDS said...

This is a brilliant card, thanks for joining in with our Monochrome Challenge this week at Creative Inspiration's Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Jeannie said...

Beautiful greens and really lovely all around! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

katesacraftybugger said...

super card , love the colours -Thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate x

downrightcrafty said...

looks like it is a day for penguins and love the colours you have chosen to make your image really pop off the page and gorgeous snowflakes too
Hugs Kate xx

melody said...

ok..like..i'm lovin that penquin! how cute is that! fabulous card and take on the sketch chickie!

Sharon Basel said...

This is a wonderful card Mags! I adore this sweet penguin stamp and your coloring of it is top notch. The colors are terrific and I love that flourish adorning the focal panel. Wonderful job with the sketch this week. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Kathie said...

Hi Mags, I just adore your card. I love that little penguin image and I just love the greens used. Excellent design papers just the perfect match. Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie
SSW-DT