Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Friday 12 April 2013

Birdhouse Birthday

Just a quick post as I am currently getting ready to go and see my rock legend 'Meat Loaf''.  This is his final tour and I am so excited to be going.  I have seen him five times already but he never fails to disappoint.  And if that wasn't enough excitement for one weekend I am going to Ally Pally with my Mum tomorrow.  Eeek (little squeal of excitement).

The card that I am sharing today was made a few weeks ago for my Mum's birthday.  She also makes cards so it can be quite difficulty coming up with something for her.


I used a card blank from Craftwork cards.  I covered it with some paper from my stash and then used some candi for the edges.  I used an embossing tool to crush each piece of candi and then added a blob of stickles to each centre.  The flowers were cut using one of my spellbinders dies.  I used a combination of glitter card, pink and green card.  A happy birthday sentiment, some punched butterflies and liquid pearls completed the card.
Mum loved it and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Thanks for popping by and looking forward to hearing what you think.  I will update you on Sunday about Meat Loaf and Ally Pally.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
One Stop - Birthdays
Ribbon Girl - Add flowers
Artistic Inspirations - Anything goes
Kaboodle Doodles - Use any shade of pink
TTCRD - Anything goes
Divas By Design - Flowers
Crafty Creations - No squares
Delightful Challenges - Round up
Crafty Ribbons - Pink and green
Whimsy Stamps - Pretty in pink

17 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,love the fab design and great details.xxx

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Mags.
Gr Elly

La Vikinga said...

Hi Mags; your house shaped card looks great and green and pink matching looks good, too. Thanks for participating in our new challenge at Crafty Ribbons and welcome back!

Charlotta / La Vikinga at Crafty Ribbons

Sandra H said...

Hi Mags, Oh this is stunning x

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Mags. I love he design and wonderful detailing.
I hope you enjoy the concert, I feel sure you will!!
Sue xx

rachel said...

this is wonderful Mags - such a clever idea - love it to pieces x

Shelley said...

Wow this looks great, thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC xx

MagsB said...

What an inventive card, it looks great!

It would be lovely to meet you and your Mum at Ally Pally - and I hope you had a wonderful time at the Meatloaf concert!

love Mags B x

Cumbrianlass said...

A very beautiful card, I am sure your Mum will love to receive this.
Thanks for entering the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge
Janet

Unknown said...

Great idea Mags - I bet your Mum loved it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ribbons for our Pink and Green challenge this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

Miradormakings said...

Such a beautiful card - Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week.

Joan x

The Gov. said...

Wondergful idea! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Shelby said...

Too cool of a card. I love how you've done the edges with the candy! Love it

Shelby

Alex said...

Wow!
Your card looks great!
I love the colors .... actually I love everything!
If you want, come on my blog ... ... ... and if you want you can ask to become a Member? .... Please. I'd be honored

besitos said...

Gorgeous card :) xx Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week - Paula DT

Roxann said...

Another beauty! You are one talented lady.

Hugz,
Roxann

Berry said...

Perfectly stunning Mags what a super idea! Thanks so much for playing at Divas by Design this wk hugs Rebekah xx