Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Monday 13 April 2015

For A Special Lady and New Stash

Hi Folks
I had a lovely day at Ally Pally on Saturday with my Mum.  We met up with a few blogging buddies and had a great time watching demos and seeing all the inspiration around.  There are a couple of pictures at the end of this post of the new stash I acquired.

When I got back from Ally Pally I had a letter waiting for me from the hospital.  As some of you are aware I have been having problems with my legs for some time.  This has resulted in difficulty walking long distances.  After my last consulation it was decided that I was going to be referred for an angioplasty as the problem is my arteries in my legs.  This is now scheduled for 21st April.  I should only be in hospital for the day and the recovery period is quite quick.  So hopefully in a couple of weeks I should be able to walk better and for longer, fingers crossed.

Anyway, enough of my waffling and lets get onto crafty matters.  Today I would like to share a card that I made for my Mum's birthday in March.


I used a lovely flower stamp from Honey Doo Crafts to create the flowers on pearlescent card.  I stamped and heat embossed the flowers before cutting them out and shaping them.  The flourish behind the flowers is also from Honey Doo Crafts.  The sentiment is a stamp from another stamp set that I have.  I kept the colour scheme simple and added a ribbon bow, pearl embellishment and dazzlers to the centre of the flowers.

Thanks for popping by and would love to know what you think.  I really appreciate all the comments that you leave me.  Please accept my apologies if I don't get round to visiting all your blogs.  Things are getting busy on the wedding front here for my daughter's wedding in June.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
One Crazy Stamper - Anything goes
Penny Black and More - Birthdays
Creative Inspirations - A trio of ..... flowers
Aud Sentiments - Birthday sentiment
Sister Act - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes
Corrosive - Floral fantasy
Scribble and Scrap - Anything goes
The Ribbon Girl - Add ribbon or lace
Craft Your Passion - Anything goes
Incy Wincy - Embossing
Crafting from the Heart - Anything goes
Not Just Cards - Anything goes

Now as promised here are a couple of photos of my new crafty stash that I got from Ally Pally.


The essentials, stamps and ribbons.


A few dies, lots of flowers and my special purchase - a set of brushos.  I have had a play with them today and love them.  Watch out for a card coming soon.

25 comments:

pam said...

Love the black and white counterbalance iof this card. Beautiful creation for your mum! Hope you are feeling better and thanks for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create!

SASAYAKI GLITTER STAMPS BY NAZ said...

So elegant honey. Thanks you so much for joining us at Craft your passion.
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com.au/
Hugs
Naz xxx

julie_woolston said...

Stunning Mags and very elegant too, bet your Mum loved it, hope you get on ok at Hospital and your soon on the road to recovery.
What a amazing amout of new goodies to play with, I would love to go to Ally Pally but not yet made it, maybe next year.
Hugs Julie xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is simply stunning, have a great day hugs Pops x

Carole Pollard said...

firstly glad you had a great day look forward to all the cards with the new goodies.The card for your Mum was stunning a lovely sentiment bet she was delighted with it. so glad you are getting your leg sorted i'll be thinking about you on the day Love and hugs Carole x

Michelle said...

Very elegant with the lots of white.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Hope we see you again.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful, classy GREAT-ALL-PURPOSE style card, Mags! Love the black and white. I saw your card on a challenge blog, and had to drop by and say how pretty it is! hugs, de

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Rene said...

Gorgeous card! Just love the elegant of it! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Linda Simpson said...

WOW fabulous card! Love the stamps! Great haul off goodies from the show too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jacee said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous, I really love this one, fabulous flowers, gorgeous!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

rachel said...

a stunning card Mags - it really has the wow factor - your stash looks fab too - enjoy those brushos! I hope things go well with the surgery Mags - big hugs to you! Rachel x

AO Creations said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments, good luck!!! Amy DT

Daniele said...

such an elegant card, love the black and white, That's quite a haul Mags, have fun
hugs and best wishes x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is so beautiful Mags those flowers are so elegant, love the white bow, this is ACE.
hugs
lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Fabulous flowers, so beautiful. Gorgeous card and bet your Mum loved it. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Lin said...

This is gorgeous Mags. Those flowers look amazing, and the whole design is just so stylish!

Best of luck with your surgery on the 21st, hope all goes well.

Lin

Lin said...

This is gorgeous Mags. Those flowers look amazing, and the whole design is just so stylish!

Best of luck with your surgery on the 21st, hope all goes well.

Lin

Linby said...

Hope all goes as you wish with your leg. Loving all your new stash.
Elegant card and so pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

applejack cards by sue said...

Such a classy card. I love those elegant flowers and gorgeous ribbon. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT x

Sue said...

A gorgeous and elegant card. Thank you for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Colette said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card Mags. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy this week - Colette DT xx
p.s. hope everything goes well with your hospital appointment :o)

Chana Malkah said...

Always, Always beautiful and stunning work! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Alljazzed2create said...

I love Black and White.. Stunning card.
Thanks for joining us over at Incy Wincy for this weeks challenge..

DT Pam

Alyx said...

This really is so beautiful and elegant, Mags. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx