Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Friday 19 September 2014

Shades of One at The Crafting Cafe

Hi Folks
Hope you are all well.  Most of you know that I started a new job about three weeks ago.  The job was full time but on a 6 month temporary contract.  Yesterday my boss offered me a permanent contract.  Unexpected to happen so soon but very welcome.  At least I know that I will not have to start job hunting again in 6 months.  I certainly must have made an impression lol.

Today I am here to share some inspiration for our current monthly challenge over at The Crafting Cafe.  Our theme for this month is:
Shades of One

Here is my inspiration project using an image from one of our sponsors Bugaboo Stamps.


I decided just to add some colour to the circular image by using distress ink.  The backing paper was in my scraps box and I used purple pearlescent card for the matting.  I lightly coloured the doily with some more distress ink.  The embellishments were all in my stash.

Thanks for popping by.  Just pop over to The Crafting Cafe for full challenge details.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafting by Designs - Anything goes
Digi Choosday - Monochromatic
HIMCR - Super scraps
A Creative Romance - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes
Pile It On - Flowers and/or feathers
Crafting from the Heart - Anything goes
Crafty Boots - Anything goes
Papertake - Punch it out (butterflies)
Crafty Girls - Anything goes

12 comments:

MagsB said...

I'm so glad for you, hun! :)

And you've made yet another beautiful card, Too! I love all the details - but the feathers are my favourite!

love Mags B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Congrats on the job and what a lovely card, must print that image out again as it is lovely, love the purples of course

Sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love the design and pretty colours.
Congrats on being offered a full time position at work.
Sue xx

Unknown said...

So pretty, love the feathers, fits beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday.xx

Unknown said...

Love the card.... very cute....and elegant all in one. Great job, Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR for the challenge this week.
Lisa
HIMCR DT
ljcreation.blogspot.com

Dee's Craft Room said...

Beautiful card, I love the lilac shades and your pretty design. Thank you for playing along with Crafty Boots Anniversary Challenge.

Dionne

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is stunning Mags and in one of my favourite colours! Big congratulations on the job front too! Susan x

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely card, thanks for joining us at PTW! xxx

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with 613 AC this wee Rachel dt

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Beautiful card, Congrats on the new permanent job!!!!

verybellemakes said...

Lovely monochrome card! Thank you for joining the Crafting From The Heart challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

Victoria DT

Marjeta said...

Hi Mags! Your card is marvelous. For me the featheas is the final touch-

Huggs, Marjeta