Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Sunday 8 September 2013

Blue Christmas

Hi Folks
Hope you are all having a good weekend.  As our daughters are away on holiday at the moment hubby and I are having a quiet day today.  We normally cook a lovely Sunday roast for everyone but today we are having a day off and going out for lunch.  I might even sneak some crafty time in this afternoon while hubby is napping lol.

It has been a pretty exciting time this week in crafting terms.  I have won a couple of challenges and been invited to join the Crafting Musketeers design team.  The Crafting Musketeers run a monthly challenge and my first challenge with them with be on the 2nd October so look out for that.  I also have some more exciting news but can't share that at the moment, just watch this space.

Today's card share is a little christmas card made with my new punch around the page punch from Martha Stewart.  I had some gift vouchers from Amazon that I hadn't spent so decided to treat myself to a couple of Martha Stewart punches.  The one I have used on this card is called Cherish.  


Just love the shape from this punch and I can see me using this a lot.  After punching the base out I used some Tumbled Glass distress ink around the edges and added a few pearls for interest.  The topper is from The Hobby House and is so cute.  I did ink lightly around the edges and mounted onto some blue card.  The background paper is from my stash and was a loose sheet and really can't remember where I got it.  Added some blue organza ribbon and a bow.  The bow was topped with a dazzler also from Hobby House.  The sentiment and little snowflakes were in my stash. 

Did you notice the little watermark in the bottom corner of the card.  I have finally mastered adding a watermark to my creations using a free photo editor called Pic Monkey.  It is so easy to use and you can create your own watermark or add a custom one.  I am not really sure I like the one I have done myself so might have to treat myself to a custom made one lol.

Thanks for popping by and look forward to hearing what you think of my little creation.  I do enjoy reading all your comments and really appreciate them.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
One Crazy Stamper - Christmas
The Hobby House - Hobby house artists
Cutie Pie - Cute christmas
Papertake - Anything goes
The Stamping Boutique - Christmas
Crafty Ribbons - Anything goes with ribbon
Crafty Little Fairies - Cute n cuddly critters
CRAFT - Christmas
Brown Sugar - Animals
Totally Gorjuss - Anything goes
Catch The Bug - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes
Simon Says - Animal antics

35 comments:

Unknown said...

Mags this is gorgeous, hun, so glad you are joining us at Crafting Musketeers, hugs hun xxx

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is just gorgeous hugs Pops x x x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Sounds like an exciting crafty week mags, congratulations and I look forward to hearing your other news..
Your blue Christmas card is fantastic. Love that image nd the bow is Percy finishing touch.
Enjoy your day,
Hugs Kelly

Trimgym said...

Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you have won or if you have been chosen in our Top3. Also don't miss out on challenges and freebies on my digistamp blog.

Jo

Anonymous said...

afternoon Mags, do love the shaping and the Punch around the page looks great with these colours and the gorgeous topper a great choice of artist and image just perfect for our challenge at the Hobby House
Hugs Kate xx

Qie said...

This card is so cute.. Great to have you joining our challenge at Brown Sugar. Good luck

Claire said...

A really sweet card, love the image and frosty colours. Hugs, Claire x

rachel said...

such a cute card Mags - love that bow too - it looks stunning xx

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Mags. The image is so sweet and I love the design. I can see why you love the punch so much.
Hope you had a lovely lunch and congratulations on the DT poition - very well deserved.
I have some info on my blog that you may be interested in reading.
Hugs Sharon. x

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Mags! So nice to see you sitting on our front porch, again! :D) I love your project and that punch really is lovely. Your icy embellishments are a perfect enhancer to this adorable focal. Beautifully colored and presented. Thanks for dropping by our house here at 613 Avenue Create! We always enjoy your visits!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Mags, I like the image the colours and the big bow.
Kevin xx

Julie Temple said...

Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week for Anything Goes at Bugaboo's Catch The Bug!

Julie

sammi said...

Cute card, Mags! And way to go on learning to add your watermark! Thanks so much for playing along with us in our “September Anything Goes” challenge at Catch The Bug! We’re so happy you visited! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Unknown said...

This card is too precious for words. Your coloring is outstanding. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at 613 Avenue Create!

Dawn said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love the colours! Hope you had a ovely lunch & managed to get some craty time this afty! xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Mags, love the very sweet image and beautiful design. LOVE the border. :o)

Donna x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Mags this is a gorgeous card, The image is so cute and the punched edges of the card are lovely. I love Martha Stewart punches they have some lovely designs !! Oh ! congrats on your design team position. Hugs xx

MagsB said...

Congratulations on your new post, my lovely, it's so well deserved! What a darling Christmas card, the image is adorable and the bow is just lush!!

I hope you had a good lunch, it's so nice to go out to eat: you haven't had to shop for ingredients or cook the meal or - best of all- DO THE WASHING UP!

love Mags B x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Gorgeous card Mags, this is my favourite PATP punch. Your new watermark looks fab! Susan x

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Mags, adorable image and one of my favourite MS punches.
Congrats on your new DT and wins and can't wait to hear your exciting news.
Wendy xx

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card. Love that sweet image and your beautiful coloring. I think you did a fabulous job with the Martha Stewart punch. It is so elegant looking.

Linda Simpson said...

Oh WOW Mags, this is stunning! I love the gorgeous image and the beautiful design of your card.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Jane Savage said...

What a gorgeous colour combo, Mags, one of my favourites for Christmas. Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

Heather said...

A gorgeous card - Mo's image is adorable and beautifully coloured. Such a lovely design and gorgeous details!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday's Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Christmas in September Challenge at One Crazy Stamper, wonderful job!

Leanne DT OCS!

Lorraine said...

An adorable card. Gorgeous image and colours.

Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at Crafty Little Fairies.
Lorraine x

Shirley-Anne said...

Thought I remembered the name ..Hi Mags .Congrats on THE DT SPOT ..
Beautiful creation here .The whole card looks "cool" with soft blue hues and fabulous image .
Thanks for joining me on my blog ..
Hugs Shirley-Anne

CraftyGirl said...

Love it Mags, your blue and brown go so well together. I am very glad you joined us this week at TSB. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
The Stamping Boutique Design Team Member

cebelica said...

I LOVE this image. It's so cute!!! <3 And I think your card turned out beautifully. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

Melissa Czapor said...

This image is adorable!!! I love the colors you used for your card -beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique challenge!

bumblebee creations said...

so cute! Thanks for joining us at THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE!

Kary said...

Mags, your card is Beautiful!! Love the punched corners and the image. Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

Becky G said...

Mags, this is absolutely lovely! Love everything about it! Thanks so much for joining us in this weeks Anything Goes challenge at Catch The Bug! Hope to see your beautiful work again!

:) Becky G
Bugaboo DT

Wenche said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining the Hobby House Challenge.

Jodie Mackrell said...

adorable! thanks for playing this weeks challenge at catch the bug