Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Monday 16 January 2012

One for the girls

Evening folks
I am a bit late posting tonight but was late having my dinner so didn't get my card finished as early as I wanted to.  This is a cute little card using an image from Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps.  This is another card for my niece and this image fitted the bill nicely.
I coloured the image using promarkers and added glamour dust to the wings for a bit of sparkle.  The papers are Tim Holtz and I just love them.  The dark blue cardstock is coredinations.  I added a Marianne die cut flourish to the side and thought it might be a bit fun to add some glittery flowers and butterflies to it.  Hopefully it looks a bit like a little decorative tree - well, in my world it does lol.  Not sure where I got the flowers from but they are all glittery and sparkly with gems in the centre.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - #136
Ribbon Girl - Colour challenge  Blue and Pink
Pollycraft - Bingo board  (used line 1D - ribbon, sparkle, flowers)
One Stitch At A Time - #96  Anything Goes

Thanks for looking and hope you are all well.  I look forward to reading any comments.
Thanks to all my lovely followers and visitors to my little area of blogland.  Your support is appreciated.

Mags
x

21 comments:

sweetbloominscraps said...

What a cute card for your neice! I know she will love it. Love the added flourish on the side! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
Judi SSW DT

Jeannie said...

How cute! Love the swirls and butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kathie said...

Hi Mags you neice will just love her card. It's a great image, lovely colours and wonderful embellishments. Love the butterflies very cute. Great card and thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Kathie SSW-DT

catherine said...

The image is fab and the colours are great
x catherine

mulberry station said...

I vole your adorable image. Your colors are just perfect. I love all your added embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us.
Nancy SSw-DT

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Mags, love the card today, gorgeous colours and haven't seen that image before really lovely..
Hugs
Tamara

Patti P. said...

Hi Mags, your card is so full of whimsy and fariy dust this week....I see that tree. Loving the kitty in her arms. Great job....Thanks for sharing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Patti SSW/DT

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Mags this is such a sweet card for your niece I'm sure she will love it. The image is adorable Susan x

Jayne said...

Wonderful card Mags, love Jayne. x x

Heide said...

Great work on your card. love the swirl and butterflies that go so well with the image. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Donna Mosley said...

A stunning card Mags, love the gorgeous image and scrummy colour combo. Very pretty sparkly flowers too hun.

Donna x

Mina said...

fabulous card Mags, I love the pretty colours
Mina xxx

Arlana 11426 said...

What an adorable card. Love your embellishments and sweet image. Have a sweet day! Arlana@ssw!!!

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, your card is absolutely stunning!! Gorgeous colors and I love the swirls! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Choccy said...

Absolutely adorable !! I love everything about your card. I am sure your neice will adore it..
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Anything Goes' challenge. Good Luck !
Hope to see you back again next week ;O)
Choccy x

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous hun, just love it
hugs Kate xx

Jules said...

Hi Mags

A lovely card for your niece .. .. loving the swirl with the flowers and butterflies.

Great finished look.

Love Jules xx

Courtney said...

Hi Mags!

Sorry to post this here, but I didn't see an email address anywhere.

I have some great news for you! After much deliberation, the Design Team and I would like to invite you to join us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge. Please let me know if you are still interested. Once I hear back from you I will give you all the info you need. My email is kallee.ko.bowtique[at]gmail[dot]com I look forward to hearing from you!

Courtney~

Beate said...

Adorable image and card. Love the swirl with the butterflies and flowers.
Congrats on the Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Design team spot.
Hugs and smiles

Sheena said...

A lovely card! Thanks for playing Pollycraft Bingo this week, Sheena xx

Mary J said...

How very sweet Mags! Thx for joining us at Pollycrafts Monday!

Mary J x